Happy new year! How do you do, 2014? It’s nice to meet you. First things first, I’m not a fan of the saying, ‘New year, new me.’ This is because I don’t think that people who believe they can completely change who they were the year before are being very realistic, as that would be quite a difficult feat. I’d say ‘New year, improved version of me’ is more appropriate but hey, that’s just my opinion.
Anyhowzers 2013 had its ups and downs but I enjoyed it and grew a lot as a person, (allow the cringe, okay?) and I’m looking forward to what 2014 has in store for me. Here are the resolutions I’ve come up with so far:
1) Make more time to read my Bible, pray and spend more time with God.
2) Don’t be afraid to try new things. I’ve lived in such a protected, sheltered bubble all my life and I think I need to branch out. So I will do something new every month, I’ve decided. Legal things, ofcourse, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
3) Speak NOW. I won’t make the mistake of being too late again; 2014 will be the year of no regrets. (Inspired by the wise words of Taylor Swift )
4) Start saving money more. It might be a good idea to cut down on the taxis…
5) Try and do a blog post every week.
And that’s all I can think of for now. They’re a good start!
Spent new year’s eve in church as per, and it was a lovely, lively service. I may be a bit biased because I’ve never celebrated new year’s eve anywhere else, but it really is the best place to be! I always feel so at home in church. The pastor’s message focused on Haggai 1:13 and four words to remember, “… I am with you,” declares the Lord. Praying that God will continue to guide me this year. So yeah, here’s to 2014!
(P.S. If you were wondering the answer is yes, the title of this post IS a reference to a song from High School Musical. Troy and Gabriella sing it during karaoke when they meet on new year’s eve and I thought it was appropriate 🙂 My love for HSM has made it into 2014, it seems.)